Thursday, December 13, 2012

So after 11 hours flying, in a very nice and comfortable KLM Boeing 777. We finally reached Amsterdam!It has been a complete eyeopener already, friendly people, everyone in the airport at least speaks English which has been a relief. Especially as we need to find our next gate as this is just the stop over. In order to do this we had to scan our ticket into a machine which told us where to go. Fortunately I asked the right person what to do otherwise we would have been lost for sure. Lyndsay and I were quite concerned that our cards wouldn't work so we went to draw some Euro's from the ATM. I decided E100 about a R1000.00 would be enough. Two fifty euro notes popped out, which made me realise just how little our money is actually worth. On that note a can of cold drink. 3.5 Euro's about R40 so no drinking cokes for me. It's going to be a struggle but will have to just press through.
Otherwise this airport is amazing. It's really big and there are loads of shops selling all sorts of different things. The cheeses were the order of the day and Lyndsay and I capitalized on free samples. Dutch cuisine check. As we entered the dutch boarding we went through a machine which X-rayed us from head to toe and then we will still physically searched. Guess we looked dodgy. The Plane itself was a good flight hardly felt the landing which is pretty impressive since it holds over 200 people. Food was okay and I managed to get 5 good hours sleep in, and watched two movies so not a bad flight at all. It is -2 degrees in Amsterdam and yes dad, I am in a t-shirt mostly because the airport is air conditioned and with my jacket on I was breaking a sweat. As mentioned the airport here is massive so everywhere we go we get to walk on massive treadmills which take us to either side of the airport. Thus far we have bought our usual magnet which we buy on all of our trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment